Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chaplain WIP pt. 1

I spent the evening painting with a friend of mine, and worked on this guy:



I did this conversion some years ago, and it's just sat around since then (especially post my 'falling out' with GW). It's kind of an experiment with black, trying to create contrast within the black: shadows are reddish, and the highlights are bluish. It was also weird not painting under a fluorescent light, which is how I usually paint. I'm thinking, after this, that I might want to switch to a different lighting set-up. The fluorescent makes the shadows look stronger than they are, it's kind of misleading. I actually didn't have any light source, other than the over head lighting of the store, and so it took a while to adjust to it. After I did, however, it was a great change of pace.

This is probably going to be an ongoing project... I don't know if I have the resolve to finish it (or even to work on it) alone, but I will definitely bring it again the next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment