Saturday, July 5, 2014

Kyrie WIP pt. 1

I got a couple models from Red Box Games recently - I've been eyeing them for a while now - and started working on one of them today. For some reason the pose it had on the website wasn't working for me, so I went with it. I've had these Secret Weapon tree stumps for a while, and after looking around outside for something natural thought his might be the time to use one. I thought the lines of the stump framed the model nicely, so it worked out!

Here's an un-primed shot.
Here she is after priming and a zenithal highlight. It's pretty amazing how much drama this step alone can achieve. While I used a black undercoat on the base, I opted to use a base of P3 Greatcoat Grey on the model; I find that black tends to desaturate colors, and I want her to look both bright and cold, so the blue in the Greatcoat Grey should help me get there. 



My idea is to paint her in mostly light colors like off-white, teal, and silver, shading them with cool blues, bluish browns, and blue-greys, and then paint the base in a warm fall scheme. I haven't laid out the color palette yet, but it should make for some interesting contrast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment