Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Kyrie Reflection

There were a few goals I had in mind with this model.

1. Experiment with skin tones - I wanted to spend a lot of time on the face. Elves don't die natural deaths, and being immortal can get depressing. Even the natural life cycles of things around them can be a burden to bear. I wanted to try to communicate that, particularly with the face.




2. I wanted to try my hand at freehand.
3. I wanted the metallics to be bright and clean, but have a depth of color. I mostly used glazes of blue and purple, avoiding browns.
4. I wanted to improve my basing - concept, coloring, execution, etc. 
5. I wanted to experiment with different kinds of contrast - complimentary colors, light and dark, soft and hard, matte and shiny, smooth and rough, saturated and desaturated colors, etc.
6. I wanted to create a strong sense of texture on as many materials as I could. I was really wary of doing any kind of damage to the shield, but decided in the end that just having a little bit of chipping would suggest a texture, and I think that was enough. Without it, it wasn't interesting to look at. 
7. Finally, I wanted to have fun. I definitely did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment