Saturday, August 2, 2014

Dexter WIP pt. 1

A couple weeks ago I saw on Putty & Paint someone had painted 1/6 heads, and I thought "what a great way to study skin/ faces". So I went on eBay, looked around, and ended up finding something I was interested in painting. It showed up in the mail today, and I decided to put some paint on it this evening.  This is something I have never done before (definitely never painted anything at this scale - it's larger than a 32mm figure) but as always, I'm looking to expand my painting horizons!

First, basic lights/ shadows.


Next, I developed the base for the flesh tone a little. 

And a reference:

I'll hit it with the brushes tomorrow. I'm interested to see what it's like to have a larger canvas, more space to play around with!


No comments:

Post a Comment