Thursday, August 14, 2014

Chaplain WIP pt. 2

I had about an hour of extra time this evening, so I decided to put some more time into this guy.

This is just the basic idea for the layout of the piece (if I ever end up finishing it, that is...). I'm thinking the ground could be muddy, with puddles.

Most of the work I did was on the stony materials (I plan to add more texture) and the flesh. The service studs on the forehead are going to take a lot more effort. I'm also thinking about doing another stage of highlights on the armor, adding fortress grey to the mix to neutralize the blue a little. We'll see. It's something to do for the hell of it.


I think the face could use a little more work too, it could be smoothed out in a couple places - cheeks especially. I like the tone of it though. 



Honestly, I don't have much appreciation for painting Space Marines anymore... they just look so misshapen. They're all so stubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment