Monday, August 25, 2014

Djanbazan WIP pt. 1

The weather has been really hot and humid here, which has prevented me from finishing Caine's base (can't prime it outside). So, I've decided to start work on a project I've been thinking about for some time now: another Infinity model, this time a sniper.

The previous two Infinity pieces were kind of seasonally themed - Sun Tze has hot summery look, while the Custodier is all about spring. To continue the theme, this guy will have a cold, wintery theme.

Colors - I'm thinking mostly greys, along with some rusty colors, muted greens, and yellowish winter grasses.

Base - I'm planning on getting a little more ambitious, again. I'd like to get a Dremel to work on the overall shape of the base. In addition to snow and wintery vegetation, I'm also planning on a junked car (with nasty upholstery - which I'll need to figure out how to do), chicken wire fence, and some other odds and ends (oil barrels, gas cans, tires, bushes, etc.). I want to work on incorporating more detail into my compositions.

I'm also going to be doing a test piece first. I only wanted a part of the base to be covered by the car, so naturally I sawed it in half. I plan to use the extra half to experiment on before I do the piece, that way I can have things figured out a little beforehand.

Here are mock-ups of both pieces.

Trying to decide between one length, or two:





The car in the test piece will be on blocks, but I'm thinking I'd like to have the tire on in the final; I'd like to make it appear as if it sunk into the ground a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment